Our client specialise in the design, manufacture, assembly, test, installation and commissioning of bespoke solutions for the nuclear decommissioning, defence, and nuclear new build markets.
Main Role Purpose:
- To establish and maintain HSE systems which assure compliance to customer and regulatory HSE requirements in Wolverhampton.
- To develop and deploy the HSE vision and champion HSE improvement projects in Wolverhampton, share best practice and lead continuous improvement of HSE performance.
- To support Project Management and ensure HSE aspects are sufficiently considered and appropriately managed with particular focus on CDM Projects. Specifically to co-ordinate and organise safe dismantle and transfer activities in Beckermet.
- To provide HSE governance and technical advice, working with others in a collaborate approach to provide practical solutions.
- To develop and lead the HSE Team at Wolverhampton.
Key Decision Areas:
• Maintenance of an ISO 14001 system across product design, manufacturing and all business functions in Wolverhampton.
• Support development and maintenance of systems which achieve HGS 65 and OHSAS 18001 across design, manufacturing and all business functions.
• Ensure Wolverhampton Site aligns it activities to comply with HS&E Legislation.
• Assure HSE incidents are appropriately reported and investigated where appropriate
• Investigation of HSE incidents / accidents, deploying lessons learnt and action plans to prevent reoccurrence.
• Support the Wolverhampton Site achieve their Targets and Objectives through planning, monitoring and undertaking necessary HSE activities
• Regularly review operational control and ensure risk management is effective, where necessary, support the Site develop robust assessments to meet legal compliance i.e. Risk Assessment, PUWER Assessment, Noise Mapping,
• Establish and maintain HSE audit and assessment process
• Develop and deliver internal HSE training and maintain approved training centre status for IOSH and CIEH
• Support managers maintain safe systems, providing specialist advice, coaching, toolbox talks etc
• Maintain knowledge and understanding of Nuclear safety or other pertinent regulations, codes or standards
Essential Skills / Qualifications:
• 5 Years HSE Experience in a heavy Fabrication/ Manufacturing/ Construction environment.
• Excellent team management skills.
• A good influencer, somebody who is able to work effectively with cross functional colleagues and customers to achieve business goals.
• A self-starter, highly motivated: takes the initiative and able to work with minimum supervision.
• Technically competent and able to use own initiative to provide solutions to problems.
• NEBOSH Diploma, NVQ level5 or equivalent
• Construction, on-site installation, facilities or maintenance management experience
• Construction Design Management ( CDM-C) experience
• Ability to work from other location in the UK as required.